Recruiting Just Got Easier
For the first time ever, VolleyMetrics has recorded and analyzed matches for club volleyball at the 2016 High Performance Championships. As a collegiate coach, you are invited to be among the first to take advantage of our valuable resources to assist your recruiting efforts and help you find the best athletes. For more information, please visit www.volleymetrics.com/recruiting
VolleyMetrics in Rio
We are excited to have our founder Giuseppe and our lead analyst Tyler in Rio de Janeiro to witness USA Volleyball in action. Here are some insights Tyler has made of preparing with the USA Beach team for Rio.
“To start, something that has caught my eye while helping was the amount of times top beach teams play compared to the indoor team. For example, the 2016 season the USA Men’s indoor team has played in about 20 matches. With beach there was 17 different opportunities for the USA Men’s beach teams to play in tournaments. That could round to about 70 matches which Phil and Nick potentially could have played. But they (as well as Jake and Casey) played actually around 50 matches this season. and that’s only counting FIVB events.
Most top teams–including men and women–are averaging 40-50 matches for this 2016 season playing in FIVB sponsored tournaments.
VolleyMetrics attended 10 of those tournaments. We filmed multiple matches at a time while scouting one of the courts being filmed, running back and fourth to stop and start cameras, then coming back to the match we scouted to fix it later. We then uploaded all USA played matches, all top teams, and end of tournament matches to the portal, which was about 700-750 matches. After that we scouted all USA matches we didn’t scout live, scouted the end of tournament matches we didn’t get to, and scouted a few select top team matches we also didn’t scout live.
In total, about 550 matches were scouted of teams going to the Olympics. We also included about 150 more from the 2015 season.
After we finished scouting we produced customized reports for each team.” –Tyler
- Do I need to add my schedule and roster to the VolleyMetrics portal for the upcoming season?VolleyMetrics will add all schedules and update all rosters in preparation for the Fall 2016 season. Please be prepared to verify your schedule and roster the week before preseason starts.
- When will my staff members receive their login information?Accounts will be created or updated after your team receives and accepts a quote for the services you are purchasing this year. If this is your first year using VolleyMetrics, an account will be created for the member of your staff who will be the main point of contact between you and VolleyMetrics. That person can then create accounts for other staff members. If you have used VolleyMetrics before and your staff has changed, you may update your Team Admin accounts by clicking on the gear icon in the top right corner of the portal.
We’ve had 3 major focuses this month as a development team:
- Improving data integrity – our team has spent a lot of time combing over our data input process, and this attention has improved stability. As a coach you’ll receive data that is more consistent going forward, with less variation across matches.
- Improving statistics pages as requested by coaches – this has been our most requested feature, so we have rewritten our statistics page based on the awesome feedback we’ve received. We’re excited for all of you to see it!
- Squashing bugs – the remainder of our time was spent eliminating various bugs. If you notice something behaving incorrectly, please send us an email at email@example.com
Win a VolleyMetrics Sports Towel
Follow us on both Facebook and Twitter for a chance to win a VolleyMetrics sports towel, perfect for any practice and any gym bag. To enter, after you have followed us, simply send us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org and say “completed contest entry” in the subject line. (Tip: Last time there was only one person who entered, so you have a good change of winning if you complete your entry!)